- Protect your business and prevent data loss
A more secure infrastructure protects your business from unauthorized users and data loss with:
- Built-in firewall protection and security-enhanced remote access.
- Tools to manage and monitor Internet access, block spammers, and automatically remove dangerous e-mail attachments to help prevent virus attacks.
- Automatic data backup and the ability to retrieve and restore previous versions.
- Get the "green check" of software health
Automated patch and update management tools keeps PCs and servers up to date, and a daily report is e-mailed to you (or your IT consultant) so you can identify issues before they occur. A green check indicates that your system is healthy, or the report details actions necessary for attaining "green check" status.
- Keep your business up and running with a reliable network
Built on Windows Server 2003 technology, the most reliable network operating system Microsoft has ever produced, SBS 2003 R2 delivers an operating system you can depend on.
- Optimize your Windows investment
Built on Windows technology, SBS 2003 R2 enables you to benefit from efficiencies and savings inherent in having an integrated network.
- Reduce training with familiar Microsoft products and tools.
- Run your application of choice: a powerful database in the Premium Edition supports the largest selection of business software applications.
- Microsoft products are designed to work together, so applications and hardware integrate effortlessly.
- Increase productivity with one central location for company data
SBS 2003 R2 provides a central location to store your company data, so employees can:
- Quickly find the right information.
- Share record keeping.
- Communicate and collaborate on group projects.
- Access business information and resources from virtually anywhere, anytime
Be productive, whether you're out of the office, at home, or on the road.
- Securely access your e-mail, internal Web sites, network files, and even business applications from any PC with an Internet connection.
- Easily access e-mail, schedules, and contacts from virtually anywhere, at anytime using a Microsoft Windows Mobile-based or Smartphone device.
- Communicate in real time to stay current with your company and customers
- Reduce costs by sharing printers, Internet access, faxes, and more
As a complete network solution, SBS 2003 R2 enables your business to get more done with what you already have.
- Share resources, like Internet access and business software.
- Share equipment, including printers and fax machines.
- Fax with fewer phone lines and send faxes directly from PCs.
- SBS 2003 R2 is easy for your IT consultant to install and maintain, helping to lower the costs of network management.
- Present a more professional image
Get the tools you need to help create a strong brand, including a customized Web site that resides on your server – no sharing of your domain name with a Web hosting company. And with your own e-mail domain hosted on your server, there's no sharing of your address with an Internet service provider. SBS 2003 R2 helps you build credibility with your customers.
- Stay connected to your customers and serve them better
With SBS 2003 R2, you can stay more connected, present a professional appearance, and manage your customer relationships more effectively. Server technology can streamline customer communications, allowing you to:
- Access the facts you need in real time.
- Respond to customer inquires more quickly and accurately.
- Stay connected while on the road with remote access capabilities.
- Get a platform that is easy to grow for today and tomorrow
SBS 2003 R2 is a robust, flexible platform that can be customized to your needs. Affordable today and scalable for tomorrow, it provides a solid "technology building block" for future technology enhancements to your business. SBS 2003 R2 has the flexibility to grow with your company. As your business expands, you can add additional servers and migrate seamlessly to the full line of Windows Server System products.